Moonlight over the Atlantic
About to cross 30 West, halfway the stormy Atlantic Ocean when the radiant moon ascents above the horizon. Blinding out most stars, the bright lunar spell adds a touch of magic to the world around me. Silver-painted clouds drift by while the capsule of the 747 cockpit allows me to breathe, live and appreciate this alien-like landscape.
Far beyond, the gently glowing horizon marks the delicate edge of space. Reminding me of how precious and unique this Blue Marble is; floating through the cold void of outer space, a universe of unimaginable scales of time and distance with god-knows-what else is out there.
This image won 3rd Place with the International Photography Awards (IPA) 2020 Oneshot : Movement/Technology / Machine
This image comes in three editions:
- Premium Edition - 6 prints (70 x 39,60 cm)
- Collectors Edition - 3 prints (100 x 56,50 cm)
- Exclusive Edition - 2 prints (150 x 85,00 cm)
- JPC Edition - 3 framed art pieces (122 x 80,50 cm)
- Artist Proof (AP) - 3 prints